Every May, the Urgent Care Association of America celebrates the contributions that urgent care centers have brought to their communities. Urgent Care Awareness Month highlights the many benefits of urgent care services in contrast to emergency rooms and doctors’ offices. Urgent care centers like AFC Urgent Care Stamford bridge the gap between expensive emergency rooms and out-of-reach primary care physicians.
Like other urgent care centers, we provide walk-in accessibility for non-life threatening emergencies, but we also have an extensive list of services we offer on a daily basis. Our main goal is to be the go-to resource for residents of Stamford, Darien, Greenwich, and New Canaan for their urgent medical needs, from treatment for the flu to sports physicals and DOT physicals.
Here are 5 reasons why you should make AFC Urgent Care Stamford your go-to destination for your urgent care needs.
- We’re open every day: We provide walk-in medical services for non-life threatening injuries and illnesses seven days a week, and our patients will always be seen by an experienced physician. We also offer longer weekday hours than most doctors’ offices, and we are opened on the weekends.
- We have low wait times: If your medical concern is not life-threatening, you may find yourself waiting a while in the emergency room. This is most likely because the medical staff is attending to patients with severe, life-threatening injuries or illnesses. At our urgent care center, we want to make sure you’re in and out of our center on the road to recovery. Our low wait times allow us to treat your medical concerns with quality care in a timely manner.
- We offer walk-in physicals: Booking your child’s annual sports physical or scheduling a pre-employment physical with your primary care physician can be a hassle. At AFC Urgent Care Stamford, we offer walk-in sports and camp, DOT, immigration, and pre-employment physicals seven days a week.
- We do everything on-site: Our on-site lab and digital x-rays enables us to quickly diagnose a variety of non-life threatening medical conditions such as strep throat, the flu, pregnancy, drugs, STDs, fractures, sprains, and so much more. Our medical professionals will go over your results as well as well refer you to a specialist or prescribe your medication for further treatment.
- We treat all ages: From infants to seniors, we make sure every patient seen at our center is well taken care of. You won’t have to second guess if you, your parents, or you child can be treated at our center!
The next time you’re facing a non-life threatening injury or illness, don’t hesitate to visit our urgent care center! Open seven days a week, we’re here to serve all of your urgent care needs. We accept most major insurances as well as offer affordable self-pay options.
Keep up with us on social media as we celebrate Urgent Care Awareness Month all month long!
For more information about our urgent care services, please call to speak with one of our medical professionals at 203.969.2000.