In this time of uncertainty, AFC Urgent Care Stamford realizes that patients may be uncomfortable with the prospect of visiting our walk-in urgent care center in person. Whether you have underlying conditions or a compromised immune system that can lead to severe complications if you come into contact with COVID-19 or you are beginning to exhibit symptoms, including a cough, fever, or shortness of breath, telemedicine can be the ideal alternative to an in-person visit. Through a video call, you will be able to consult with your physician from your own home. TeleCare appointments are accepted seven days a week.
What can I be seen for during a Virtual Visit?
The following are included in Virtual Visits and can be diagnosed and given recommended treatment:
- Allergy Symptoms
- Bug Bites
- Poison Ivy
- Mild Sunburn
- Cold Sores
- Canker Sores
- Sore Throat
- Ear infection, earache, or swimmers ear
- Eye infection, pinkeye, sties
- Female urinary tract infections
- Head Lice
- Infected toenail or fingernail
- Minor Burns
- Minor Rashes (e.g. Impetigo, Shingles, Ringworm)
- Newly onset cough
- Sinus Infection or Sinusitis
- **Medication renewal (no controlled or addictive substances, no long term chronic illness prescriptions-1 month prescription only, No ADD, ADHD, or mental health prescription.) ***
- Urinary Tract Infections
The following are excluded from Virtual Visits and require a visit to our center for diagnosis and treatment.
- No narcotic or controlled substance renewal or prescription.
- No prescriptions over one month
- No Chest Pain
- No Pelvic/genital/rectal/breast exams
- No psychiatric conditions
- No emergency symptoms including: Dial 911 (chest pain, shortness of breath, allergic reaction, choking, altered of consciousness, head or neck injury
- No STD’s or STI’s (Must come into Center)
- No Pregnancy, birth control renewal or birth control advice
- No Workers Compensation or Occupational Health visits (Must come into Center)
- No Referrals to specialists (Must come into Center)
- No Physicals or Sport Physicals (Must come into Center)
- No Suturing, suturing removal or wound care (Must come into Center)
- No Children under 6 months
How do I make an appointment?
Appointments are simple to make, on your schedule! Click this link in order to be brought to the registration page. Fill out all of the required information, and a staff member will contact you to go over insurance and copay details. A verification code will be texted to your phone number, prompting you to visit the app and consent to the use of telemedicine and confirm your details, which will set up your appointment.
What happens once I have made an appointment?
At the start of your virtual visit, a member of our staff will be on the call to go over your details and any necessary medical history. After getting all of the information needed, a physician will join the call and go over your symptoms.
Virtual Visits & Telemedicine in Stamford, CT
If you are uncomfortable or unable to visit our walk-in urgent care center, schedule a telemedicine appointment with AFC Urgent Care Stamford today! Virtual visits are accepted seven days a week, and our staff can answer any questions you may have. Most major insurance carriers are accepted. For questions, please call 203-969-2000.