Spring sports have begun! It is the time of year for track, baseball, lacrosse, and other sports. We want to offer some tips to avoiding injury this season
- Make sure to condition the body before you participate in sports. If you have been inactive for months, it is a good idea to condition your body
- Warm up before each practice and game or meet to prevent injuries.
- Drink plenty of fluids before, during, and after your games or practice. a dehydrated body is injury prone
- Eat a healthy balanced diet. Breakfast should be eaten daily but you should also avoid eating two to three hours before practice or a game.
- If not required, you should receive a physical before any sort of physical activity. Doctors can screen you for any potential future problems that may arise through participation.
AFC Urgent Care Urgent Care is here for you if you do happen to become injured or need a Sports Physical. Visit us today at 3000 Summer St in Stamford CT or call 203-969-2000.