Construction work is easily one of the most dangerous fields. Working at various heights, using mobile equipment, and exposure to dust and chemicals means that construction workers must be fully aware of what precautions to take while working in hazardous conditions.
Here are four safety measures construction workers should take:
- Know the Dangers on the Job Site: Employers should identity and make employees aware of hazards they may encounter. Installing hazards signs throughout the site helps employees be aware of areas that can potentially cause injuries.
- Know the Equipment: Make sure employees are properly trained on how to use specific equipment. Equipment should be regularly monitored for maintenance.
- Wear Protective Clothing: Employees should wear protective gear such as gloves, fitted helmets, eyewear, earplugs, and slip-resistant footwear.
- Keep First Aid Close: Make sure first aid kits are easily accessible in the event that a minor injury occurs. Talk with your human resources department about having a company training on First Aid safety tips and how to react in certain medical emergencies.
Should your employees face an injury that requires more treatment than basic first aid, seek treatment at AFC Urgent Care Stamford. Our comprehensive employer services program includes treatment for work-related injuries.
Some of the injuries we treat at our center include:
- Broken Bones
- Cuts that require Stitches
- Skin Irritation
If your company is in need of medical care that delivers, partner with AFC Urgent Care Stamford. Call to speak with one of our medical professionals at 203-969-2000.