The federal government requires that anyone applying for or holding a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) must complete a physical examination every two years. These tests are required to measure the ability of the commercial driver to properly drive and operate a commercial vehicle.
• Your vision must be 20/40 correctable in each eye and combined, with or without correction.
• You must be able to determine the difference between the colors of traffic lights.
• You should be able to hear a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
• Controlled blood pressure according to the FMCSA guidelines.
• Your blood sugar must be no higher than 200, and will need a waiver if on insulin.
• You cannot be using habit forming drugs, amphetamines or narcotics.
• If you have diabetes, sleep apnea, vision problems, or cardiac problems, you may need an exemption, which should be brought with you to the medical exam
AFC Urgent Care Stamford can perform these physicals in our facility. We are open convenient hours, including include nights and weekends.
Please be sure to bring the following to your DOT physical exam:
- Current state driver’s license
- Glasses or contacts
- Medical history
- Contact list of primary doctors and specialists, please include addresses and phone numbers,
- Prescriptions, all current medications, and over the counter medications
Our doctors can perform all functions of the exam, including administrating blood work or x-rays on site. We accept a majority of health insurance policies as well as offer low costs for our services.
Please give us a call before coming in for our physicals service! Be sure to check out our full guide on our DOT physicals.
Complete our Employer Services Form for more answers on Occupational Health Care.
Dr. David M. Lauren
Medical Doctor , Physician, National Registry #: 1316369895
Certification Date: June 2014