Thinking about forgoing a flu shot this year? Think again!
Getting your annual flu shot is imperative to your health. It’s one of the best ways to reduce your risk of getting sick with the flu and spreading it to others.
Here are a few reasons why you should get your flu shot.
- It can save your life: Influenza is a common, but also serious health complication that if not treated or diagnosed properly, it can lead to hospitalization, or even become fatal.
- Anyone can get vaccinated: Even if you’re in top-notch shape you should get vaccinated. The CDC recommends infants over six months, pregnant women, seniors, and those with chronic health conditions should get a flu shot every year.
- You won’t get the flu from the flu shot: A common misconception is that you’ll get the flu from the flu shot. This is false, as the vaccine uses a dead-end form of the virus.
- It’ll lessen your cold symptoms: Getting an annual flu shot not only protects you against the flu, but it also increases your odds of staying healthy the sooner you get vaccinated.
- There’s a new strand of the flu every year: There’s no sure bet that last year’s vaccine will protect you against the flu this year, so it’s best to get this year’s flu shot to reduce your chances of contracting the virus.
Now that you know the reasons why you should get a flu shot every year, you’re probably wondering where to get one. Look no further than AFC Urgent Care Stamford!
We administer walk-in seasonal flu shots to get you ready for the flu season. Most health insurance plans do cover the cost of the shot, but if not, we offer affordable self-pay options. We also have convenient night and weekend hours so you don’t have to miss work to get a flu shot.
For more information about our seasonal flu shots, be sure to visit our urgent care center, or call us at 203-969-2000.